Greencross Ltd and Greencross Vet Website
- Information collected through our veterinary clinics, telephone and mail services and any other means
- Information collected through our online service for http://www.greencrossvet.com.au
Your Personal Information is Important to us
For the purposes of this policy "Personal Information" means Personal Information as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 of the Commonwealth of Australia.
Greencross Ltd recognises that your privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your Personal Information. We know that providing Personal Information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. The following policies will govern how Greencross Ltd handles your Personal Information and safeguards your privacy.
Collecting Information About You
In accordance with the Information Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 Greencross Ltd only collects Personal Information for the following purposes only:
- To enable Greencross Ltd to provide health care to your pet
- To provide you with information about our veterinary services and products, special offers, and general pet health advice where appropriate.
- To ask you for your opinion or comments about our servicesand/orproducts.
- To collect statistical data for marketing analysis.
- To protect the rights, goodwill or property of Greencross Ltd.
Communicating With You
We may contact you by phone, or at your email/postal address, which you provide to us in order to:
- Remind you of upcoming appointments, health checks, vaccinations, and other related health care matters specific for your pet
- Provide you with information that may be of interest about Greencross Ltd veterinary services and products, special offers and other matters which may interest you.
- For those of you with an email address, to send you an email newsletter. By registering to receive email newsletters from Greencross Ltd, you consent to be the recipient of commercial and non-commercial electronic messages from Greencross Ltd and its associated entities.
Opting Out of Communication
An 'opt out' mechanism is offered, so that you may have the opportunity to decide to not receive marketing or promotional information from us. We will remove you from any of our lists that may be used for communication purposes. At any time you may contact the company to 'opt out' of any future direct marketing. Additionally on all direct marketing correspondence, the 'opt out' mechanism will be made clear. To contact us email: email@example.com
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
Greencross Ltd will not use or disclose any information about you, or access your communications on our website, except in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, for example:
- Where you are reasonably likely to have been aware that information of the kind concerned is usually passed on to the person concerned, or
- Where you have consented to the disclosure.
- Disclosure is required by law.
- To lessen what Greencross Ltd believes on reasonable grounds is a serious and imminent threat to a person's health or safety or a serious threat to public health or public safety.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
Greencross Ltd will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
You Can Access the Information We Keep About You
Your trust in Greencross Ltd is very important to us. If at any time you want to know exactly what Personal InformationGreencross Ltd is holding about you, you are welcome to request it by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing and Deleting the Information We Have About You
If at any time you wish to change Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by e-mailing us at email@example.com and we will change this record. If you wish to have your Personal Information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Links to Other Websites
Greencross Ltd provides links to other websites. We are not responsible for the conduct of brands and/or companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your Personal Information on any other web site, we advise you to examine the Terms and Conditions of those web sites.
- You agree that if you submit your Personal Information to us, we may create a database record about you.
- To receive our web site services, you agree that we may collect information from you and from your use of our web site, and you agree that this information may be disclosed to our service providers.
- You agree that we may contact you with information about products, special offers and updates (unless you have stated that you do not wish to receive these communications).
Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user's browser. The cookies simply operate as a unique identifier which helps us to know what our users find interesting and useful on our website, almost like a questionnaire. We do not link this information back to other information that you have provided to us. We do not store any information inside cookies.
Greencross Ltd Websites
By visiting and using the information on these websites, you agree to the following:
1. Information Provided For Personal Education Only
The information provided on these sites is for your personal education and enrichment. Information available at this site should not be used for diagnosing or treating a pet health problem or disease yourself. Nor should the information replace the advice of your veterinary professional. Always see your local veterinary professional concerning the treatment options if your pet is suffering from an illness or accident.
2. Always Check the Information
Information on these sites:
- Is general information provided for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional veterinary care;
- Is continually being updated and is subject to change without notice and should never be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
3. Copyright and Trade Marks
Copyright in the information available on these sites, including literary works, artistic works, photographs and computer programs, is owned by Greencross Ltd. Trademarks used on this site to describe companies, brands and their products are trademarks of those companies or the registered proprietor of the relevant trademark and may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, modified, or distributed in any way (except as an integral part of an authorised copy of material appearing at this site) without prior permission. The use of trademarks owned by Greencross Ltdon this website is not intended as an offer to sell goods and services under those trademarks other than in countries or territories where the trademarks are owned by Greencross Ltd.
4. Limited Authorisation to Reproduce
Any person may reproduce any portion of the information available at the Greencross Ltdwebsite subject to the following conditions: You may download or print a single copy of Greencross Ltd copyright information at the site for research or personal use only, but not for any commercial or other purpose, nor shall you republish it on the net or in any other form; you must not change any of the information at that site or remove any part of any copyright notice.
5. Links are Not Endorsements
While links to and frames of this site are permitted, Greencross Ltdreserves the right to prevent linking or framing. Links and frames connecting this site with other sites do not imply that Greencross Ltd endorses or approves those other sites, their content or the people who run them.
6. Questions and Comments
If you have any questions, comments or corrections about any of the information at this site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is to be understood that you disclaim and waive all rights in any ideas or suggestions that you submit to Greencross Ltd. You further agree that Greencross Ltdwill be free to use those ideas or suggestions in any way without obligation to you and you warrant that ideas or suggestions in any way without obligation to you and you warrant that you are free to disclose the same without obligation to any other party
7. Beware Security Risks
- Transmissions to and from this site may be intercepted and modified by third parties;
- Files obtained from or through this site may contain computer viruses or other defects.
8. No Liability
No warranty or guarantee of a cure is expressed or implied with any information at this site, nor does Greencross Ltdmake any representations regarding the use or the results obtained with the information. In no event shall Greencross Ltd, its employees or associates be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage whatsoever which may arise from the use of this site or any of the information available at this site. Any advice is to be used at your own discretion.
9. Australia Only
The information on this site is intended and applicable for Australian audiences only as it adheres to the legislation and guidelines of this country.