Ant bites will often cause pain at the site of the bite and often swelling can occur. Ant bites do not often cause severe allergic reaction however the area that has been bitten can be very irritating to the pet.
- Pet suddenly holds leg/paw up sometimes flicking and shaking the leg
- Sudden redness between the toes
- Licking or chewing at the site of the bite
- Apply a cold compress to the site of the bite for 5-10 minutes
- If the bite is on the foot, place the foot in a cold water bath for 5-10 minutes
- Protect the area that has been bitten, the pet can cause self inflicted trauma by licking or chewing at the site of the bite. Your local vet can provide a special collar to protect the area if the pet is causing self inflicted trauma by licking or chewing
See a vet if the redness or itching doesn't settle down after 10-15 minutes